Sunday 10 May 2015

Here are some classics from 2009 and 2010

I saw these once in Ogdensburg Walmart.  It was hard to find somebody willing to sample it.  It had a very thick layer of dust on the cans too.














I don't know what this thing is called.  It contains plums or apples and cooked rice and sugar and sometimes meringue.  You cook it before eating. It is old school Euro style.









This was my first time seeing EXTRA GIANT Marshmallows (fist sized).  I saw them in Price Chopper in Watertown, NY in 2009.















I saw this Capilano Snap N Squeeze Australian Honey in Hannaford's in Watertown, NY in 2009.  Since then the crocodile hunter has passed away.














I saw Crastan  Effervescent??! in Food Basic n 2009. It contains baking soda for digesting.















I got this Jolly Time Mallow Magic Marshmallow Treat Flavoured popcorn in 2009.  I got some coworkers to try it.  It didn't taste right.









These throwback drinks started showing up in Ogdensburg in 2010.  Pretty good flavour.  The first time I tried the Throwback Pepsi, it reminded me of how colas used to taste.  But these days, they don't taste right, even if you get the Throwback ones.







Proof of concept for a United Way bake sale in 2010. I was testing if fruit roll ups would show up or melt or what.
Step 1: bake a white cake.
Step 2: cover it with fruit, candies, etc.
Step 3: Prepare the jello as per instructions and pour the hot liquid over the cake.
Step 4: Refrigerate
Step 5: It's delicious




Awww yeah, here is the real cake I made for the bake sale.  Blue jell-o ocean scene with hammerhead sharks made of fruit roll-ups!

No comments:

Post a Comment