Saturday 16 May 2015

Spring 2015

Here I did a practise run for PI day pie bake-off.  These are cherry bakewells (an English thing).  The instructions came from Australia and I guess they have a different tart size (much smaller than what I expected).  Anyway they turned out OK.








Also I tried to make Thai red curry from scratch (no paste).  There was a very long list of herbs and spices (basil, lemongrass, coriander, a bay leaf, etc.).  The smell and taste were dead on but the recipe was very unclear so I was not able to make the sauce texture right. It was gritty with hunks of plant material.  I would have to puree further somehow or strain it. Because I failed to do so, it caused "digestive issues".



I got different passion fruits, grenadillas, etc. from the store to plant the seeds.  I think the taste and texture of these is gross.












Lazlo's award winning chili recipe did not win me any awards but it did make people laugh and they ate it.













More of chef Pradeep's custard tarts.  They looked beautiful at first but on the way to the competition, my container slipped so most were a bit crushed.











Saw this at the Middle Eastern store. YUCK.  Also after sitting for some time it separates into 2 layers.















I saw these crazy maraschino cherries in East Side Mario's. Barfffff

No comments:

Post a Comment