Sunday 10 May 2015

The origin of the Dead Food Society

The Dead Food Society was created by my friend and colleague, Toshi.  He passed away a few years ago.  He made me a membership card once from an aluminum can.  I am not as good a member as he was though, because he would try anything, including plants from outside, and most of it involved real cooking.  I am not as open minded and most of my stuff is store-bought.

I saw these Reese's peanut butter & banana creme cups once in Ogdensburg.











This is a Halifax style donair from King of Donair in Halifax, NS.  The sauce is sweet and tangy.  This food has the same crazy combinations that make McDonald's addictive - sugar, fat, salt, meat, etc. all in one.  I went mental and couldn't sleep after eating it.  I had to eat another one on the next day!  It is really a shame that nothing comes close over here.





international KitKats, orange and canteloupe flavours.  You can buy them on e-Bay and Amazon nowadays. I got these in Square 1 Mal in Markham, ON.














Here is another disgusting Reese's peanut butter cup.. Hazelnut Creme. It was gross. I am not a fan of Nutella.










I got these Turkish chocolate bars from the dollar store.  McChokels and the oozing Kat Kat Tat. 











Lightning Bugs gummy candy.  The tweezers contain an LED.











Jet-Puffed Mallow Bites.  I can eat them all day.  Found them in Watertown, NY Wal-mart Supercenter.

No comments:

Post a Comment