Saturday 8 September 2018

September 2018 local items

President's Choice has come out with weirdly flavoured pizzas. I didn't try this one because my brother ate it.














Brett's Ice Cream in Kanata North.  You can't go inside.  You just order at the window.  I had a chocolate shake which tasted good but was too small relative to the high price.













Walmart snacks: English bonbons and Sizzlin Sweet & Sour Pringles (tastes like General Tao)





















I went to check out a new Chinese/French bakery called Oui8.  It has very short hours so I was lucky to get in before closing time.  This random assortment (5 items) was around $20 or $25. WTF. I won't be going back there, based on price and taste.  The 3 items I tasted so far were substandard (not enough sugar and wrong texture).  I suspect the chef is putting her own spin instead of using Candian-style recipes.










Finally I also tried the "Fruity Cone" from Chocolats Favoris new Kanata location.  It was waffle cone with chocolate ice cream, fresh strawberries and liquid milk chocolate on top which hardened on the drive home.

No comments:

Post a Comment