Sunday 8 July 2018

July 2018 local items

Finally we went to check out Marche Adonis, a middle-Eastern superstore in Gatineau. My Egyptian coworker always mentioned going to a location in Montreal.  It was his favourite store, so I had to check it out.  It is not as wild and crazy as T&T in terms of ethnic stores. It is a large store but a lot of the stuff inside is not exotic because this chain is owned by Metro.  There are many counters selling the weird stuff, but you have to ask for them (cheese, meat, nuts, olives, baked meat pies, etc.)  I was a bit nervous to practise my French so I stuck with the stuff that was already packaged.

I got my coworkers some loukoum and candies from France.  I will definitely go back and try asking for stuff.  Their spinach pies were just fine.













These chips just tasted like BBQ






















This was absolutely disgusting. It didn't taste like cheese. It didn't look like  the picture.  The "ground beef" was like a liquid.














Went to Luna Crepes & Cafe with ex-coworker friends.  This croissant with egg and cheese was OK but the new family running the place hid the spoons, napkins, straws, and ketchup, and my gelato was tasteless.











This popcorn was flavourless






















This orange coke was gross.  Kind of like vanilla.  Couldn't taste the orange.





















Nice guy Dave gave me these Malaysian snacks for babysitting his guinea pig. One of the cookies was BBQ pork flavour! 

No comments:

Post a Comment